Please note that some of the conclusions (value judgments) that were made in the Infomail re: Gardasil, http://www.ahrp.org/cms/content/view/642/9/ should NOT be attributed to Dr. Diane Harper, whose presentation at the International Public Conference on Vaccination, was more nuanced than the Philadelphia Bulletin reported. Dr. Harper presented the following facts:
1. “70 percent of all HPV infections resolve themselves without treatment within a year. Within two years, the number climbs to 90 percent. Of the remaining 10 percent of HPV infections, only half will develop into cervical cancer;”
3. “To date, 15,037 girls have officially reported adverse side effects from Gardasil to the U.S. Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). These adverse reactions include Guilliane Barre, lupus, seizures, paralysis, blood clots, brain inflammation and many others. The CDC acknowledges that there have been 44 reported deaths.”
Dr. Harper did not draw conclusions about whether (or not) to vaccinate–except to say, “It is silly to mandate vaccination of 11 to 12 year old girls” given the lack of efficacy and safety data…
The statement: “the incidence of cervical cancer in the U.S. is already so low that “even if we get the vaccine and continue PAP screening, we will not lower the rate of cervical cancer in the US.” is a quote from a published article by scientists at the National Cancer Institute:
“I came away from the talk with the perception that the risk of adverse side effects is so much greater than the risk of cervical cancer, I couldn’t help but question why we need the vaccine at all,” said Joan Robinson, Assistant Editor at the Population Research Institute.
Contact: Vera Hassner Sharav veracare